Pastel

_1280442 After failing the DMV eye exam, being lectured by my eye doctor, and several awkward experiences at Panera (their menu is so small). I have decided  it’s time for a change. Guys, I’m going to try to start wearing my glasses. I can pretty much promise you I won’t be wearing them on the blog all the time, but in the name of safety, I will definitely wear them when driving :)

_1280637

Pastel is not a typical go to for me. Though I love the colors, I consider myself more of an ‘earth tones’ type of girl, ya know? This week was pretty tough for me, I made several rounds to my typical spots to no avail. Finally, I decided to peruse my actual closet, where I found this dress I bought last year from Plato’s Closet.

Dress: Plato’s Closet // Tights: Target // Glasses: SEE Eyewear_1280685

Check out my fellow thrift style Thursday-ers to see what they came up with this week:

Spoolish // Sandpaper Kisses // Sincerely Miss J // Confessions of a Refashionista

Aligator Toe // The Two Cent Chick // Snippets with Alex // Eclecticity // Being Zhenya

Erika’s Style Diary // Sistas From Cali

_1280640
Goodnewoftheday

Today is the first official day of spring (even if it doesn’t feel like it outside), Looking forward to warmer weather and sunshine!

keepintouch

Facebook //Instagram //BlogLovin // Twitter // Shop My Closet

slac

26 Comments

1. […] Her vintage inspired fashion definitely has me swooning. Plus, I think we have almost the same glasses (Even if I rarely wear mine). Needless to say, we will definitely be collaborating again in the […]

2. […] after I ordered new glasses from SEE, Firmoo reached out to me to see if I’d be interested in reviewing a pair of glasses […]

3. Anna March 26, 2014

Simple and chic, I love that dress!

– Anna

4. […] Posts Pastel from Buttons and Birdcages Our Wedding Story | How We Met from Love Desiree Job Prospects and […]

5. Kerri March 21, 2014

I love the mint green colour and it’s a lovely change for you!
    Looking super cute in those glasses 😉

6. gabby March 21, 2014

this dress is so adorable! i’ve been loving plato’s closet (i kind of recently discovered it). i am weird about wearing my glasses too, but i’ve been forcing myself to always have them on when i’m driving. it’s really not so bad…and yours are really cute!

xo,
    gabby

7. Liz@lamentinglizzie March 21, 2014

The glasses make you look classy! I do like that pastel color with your hair, they compliment each other well.

8. Beth Huntington March 21, 2014

I love the neckline on your dress and the color really does suit you. Thanks for bringing a bit of warmth on this first day of spring.
    Beth

9. […] I’ve added new items to my shop, including my dress from yesterday  Check it out here and use code ‘BBC1Year’ for 20% off! Any and all proceeds from […]

10. amanciolovers March 21, 2014

Hi! I love your style. Is the first time I visit you blog but I like it! visit mine, I hope you like the new online shop I have posted.

xx

11. Zhenya March 20, 2014

Cute dress! So girly!

12. Selina Kyle March 20, 2014

This colour actually suits you very well. I am LOVING that frame!
    I was diagnosed with myopia when I was in first grade, I never really wore specs, kind of “rebelled” against it, but once I did start wearing them in 10th, it was like I was viewing the world in HD!

Relationships.College.Love

13. Justine Smith March 20, 2014

Your dress is darling and those glasses are so chic :)

14. Alex March 20, 2014

LOVE that dress on you…and your glasses! I say, you should wear them all the time! :) But thanks for being considerate to those on the road. Haha
    <3 Alex of http://snippetswithalex.com

15. Anisa March 20, 2014

That mint looks BEAUTIFUL on you! I love it so much, the dress is gorgeous. If that’s your kitchen, just know that I have so much decor envy. It’s so pretty! xx

16. Tiffany Ima March 20, 2014

Loving this dress! You look so adorable

Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

17. Tori McKimm March 20, 2014

LOVE Plato’s Closet–I have found some of my favorite items of clothing there! And this dress and your glasses look fabulous on you girl :)

Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

18. Nina March 20, 2014

I am loving mint for spring!!

19. Kristi March 20, 2014

Beautiful pastel dress and adorable glasses! I love those frames and I think you look darling! :)
    Happy spring!

20. spoolish March 20, 2014

You look like you were born with those glasses on. I didn’t realize that you DIDN’T wear glasses – that’s how well they suit you. I’ve had prescription glasses since the 2nd grade but hardly ever wear them :/

You look great 😉

21. That dress is so pretty, I really love the mint color on you – great find at Plato’s Closet. And those glasses are awesome!

Btw, I love the way you styled your kitchen!

22. Sara Strauss March 20, 2014

Mint is a pretty color on you! You should wear pastels more! Sorry you failed your eye exam, but you look amazing in those glasses!
    ~Sara

23. Laura March 20, 2014

That dress is so lovely and your glasses are AWESOME. They look so great on you!

xoxo,
    Laura

24. Margaret March 20, 2014

I didn’t start wearing my glasses regularly until I went to college and I realized that I had not a chance in those lecture classes. Now, I can’t function without them. It becomes a part of your face. I wish SEE had a store up here on the lake! Yours are really cute.

25. 1. You’re totally rockin’ those glasses & 2. that dress is amazing on you!

• buttonsandbirdcages March 20, 2014

Ahh you are too sweet! I’m still trying to get used to the way I look with them on so THANK YOU!

Your Comments Make Me :)